Sunday, November 9, 2008

Is that a crack or a hole in the ceiling?

During the election campaigns, we kept hearing about cracks in the proverbial ceiling. Looking at the results, I am not sure whether we would call it cracks or a blast through the ceiling. Whether you liked the candidates or their parties or their platforms, you have to admit this was a year of advancements.

Hillary called her accomplishments 18 million cracks in the ceiling and perhaps paved the way for a woman to be the Republican VP nominee. And, Barack's accomplishments are monumental.

Whichever way you look at the results, it paves the way for women and the minorities and handicapped of any ilk to pursue whatever they wanted to, but were afraid to.

It's certainly given me new found courage to pursue my writing and I am taking my first big bold steps with this blog.

I have been inspired by President-elect Obama's victory speech, "If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible ... tonight is your answer."

So, watch out world ... my laptop has become my new best friend.

No comments: