Sunday, November 9, 2008

MEMORIES NEVER DIE

As the shadows danced … and changed shape … on the wall… My daughter’s voice … like Christmas bells … accompanied … each varying shape … of my hands … Suddenly … I am back in time … I watch daddy’s fingers … and handkerchief … move deftly … to change shape … as donkeys … rabbits … and crocodiles … and other animals … prance their way … from a makeshift screen … to my toddler heart …
All at once … back in the present ... I see dad’s knowing wink … on my daughter’s face … saying it’s OK … to continue his tradition.

(dedicated to my late dad who always had time for me) - written in 1991

2 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

This reads like a poem but is set out in a very original way. Interesting, on many levels.

Marketing Molly (Walpola) said...

Thanks Leigh. I try unorthodox methods sometimes to convey my thoughts.